A special "Thank You" to everyone who came to visit us last season at THE WOODED GARDEN. We have truly been blessed to meet every one of our guests and consider it a priviledge to be your hosts. We look forward to welcoming our past guests/friends and meeting new ones this season!
THE WOODED GARDEN has become a popular accommodation for small ladies', men's or couples' retreats (e.g. MOPS steering commitees, planning groups for many types of organizations, etc.).
Need a very unique gift for someone special (birthday, anniversary, Sweetest Day, shower or wedding), consider a "gift certificate" to THE WOODED GARDEN! It is a great time to couple a stay at THE WOODED GARDEN with a special "tea" at Lucy & Ethel's Country Tea House.
PLEASE NOTE: All reservations made within 48 hours of arrival must be made by telephone.
The WOODED GARDEN BED and BREAKFAST is just outside of Wilmington, Ohio on Rt. 73, only three miles east of Interstate 71, and less than an hour from Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus, Ohio. There is much to offer in Wilmington, many fun and interesting places to visit….from the historic Murphy Theater to Gibson’s Goodies, from Wilmington College to Roberts Arena & Convention Center and much more. Did you know that author Norman Crampton featured Wilmington, Ohio in his book, 100 Best Small Towns in America (published by Prentice Hall 1993) and Cincinnati Magazine chose Wilmington as “#1 Most Livable Neighborhood” out of 181 surrounding cities and towns.
For those who want a first hand look at nature, there are walking paths on the bed and breakfast property. The trails that stretch almost a mile through the woods provide scenery conducive to meditation, conversation, or a pleasant way to get a little exercise. Garden benches allow visitors to stop along the way. Tranquility prevails while hiking the woods. Our “Welcoming Garden” invites you to come in and sit awhile. This was the first of our gardens planted on the property. The "Miniature Hosta Garden", "Triangle Garden", "Hydrangea Garden" and "Painted Garden" beds have also been completed. (tour the gardens)
The WOODED GARDEN BED and BREAKFAST invites you to enjoy our three guest suites. Each one is unique…unforgettable….peaceful…! Custom décor offers travelers the hidden treasure of simple elegance and charm while adding a sense of nature’s tranquil romance.
|In the evenings guests enjoy sitting around the fire relaxing, star gazing and listening to the peaceful night sounds while chatting with the innkeepers as well as other guests. |
Breakfast is Served!
Guests are invited to our log home for breakfast at 8:30am. An interesting selection of recipes are served as our guests linger at the table either inside the log home or on the deck overlooking the woods.
Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa
- Our guests will find snacks and chilled beverages (soft drinks & bottled water) provided in the Lodge Suite.
- We will expect your arrival to be between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm unless you have called us to make other arrangements. We request that our guests plan an 11:00 am departure so that we might prepare to accommodate incoming travelers.
- For the health and comfort of our guests, The WOODED GARDEN BED and BREAKFAST is a non-smoking establishment. ($250 charge for non-compliance)
- The accommodations at The WOODED GARDEN BED and BREAKFAST are suitable for children age 12 and older.
- The property is not appropriate for pets.
- Insurance compliance prohibits us from allowing candles to be burned in the guests’ suites. ($250 charge for non-compliance)
- The WOODED GARDEN BED and BREAKFAST has been inspected, approved and is a member of the Ohio Bed and Breakfast Association.
- Consider using The WOODED GARDEN BED and BREAKFAST for a small (six to eight persons) retreat or conference. The lodge suite can accommodate a one day only or an overnight event. The woods and gardens make a pleasant diversion for a midday break.
~ PAYMENT IS BY CASH OR CHECK ONLY (Credit cards are not accepted)
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
Our personalized gift certificates are available and are a unique gift idea for many occasions, such as
|Valentine’s Day & |
The WOODED GARDEN BED and BREAKFAST offers a tranquil retreat for the discriminating traveler…a place to reflect...relax…enjoy…a peaceful respite allowing nature to renew the spirit.